There's many fun & exciting things you can do right here in Oakland County. Such as home to the one of the richest county in the United States and amazing hotels in Bloomfield Hills, Rochester Hills, Birmingham. There's also some award winning restaurants in the area that will blow you away in quality and great customer service. One of the reasons I love Michigan tourism is that you can really experience it all here.
From the lakes to city, in the suburbs of Michigan every city has its own attraction and great downtown with local stores with stuff you can't find anywhere else.
The intention of this blog is to share more of the treasures in Michigan as a native that was born and raised here. I have also traveled abroad and over seas many times but there's nothing quite like Michigan. There is something so relaxing about a place where not everything is crammed into a tiny place like in New York City which I've lived in before for over 5 years. Yes it was fun and exciting at first but after a while it does get old and pretty draining.
Michigan on the other hand is more space and spread out so the pace of life seems much more relaxed. Visit Royal Oak downtown and you will know what I'm talking about, even the though the downtown is always busy with young people, it somehow still feels very relaxing to walk through.
Michigan summer is also the best as it never gets too hot, there is always a cool breeze and in the shade you can definitely cool off. It's that ideal spring weather that lasts all summer long. People ask me what about the Winters inevitably when I begin talking up about Michigan. And here is my take on it.
Michigan does get pretty chilly out here but think of it this way, the cold you can do something about it. Put some extra layers on and you are good to go. Actually enjoy wearing my winter gear from the coat, North Face fleeces, to boots and my favorite knitted hat.
So come and explore Michigan
Down below I put together a fantastic little vacation day for you in Oakland County
1. Stay at the Marriott Hotel in Bloomfield Hills, MI for only $120 a night
2. For the night time go out to downtown Rochester Hills with a limousine, I recommend Rochester Limo VIP, they have fantastic selection for limos from Rolls Royce to Bentleys or even an excalibur which is highly recommended for a classic evening. check out their site here: http://www.rochesterlimovip.com/
3. Some top restaurants in Rochester Hills: Kruse and Muer and Palm Palace, these places are high recommended. Kruse and Muer is an Italian restaurant with some of the best shrimp pasta I've ever tasted.
4. and the treat will be walking downtown and going to the local ice scream store, ITS OKAY TO EAT ICE CREAM ON VACATIONS, its not going to kill you don't worry! We recommend Dairy Treat on Auburn Rd
5. And from there you can hit up the local bars for few hours and not have to worry about driving because you got the limo waiting for you. So its a really good idea to get a limo then go out, it makes a big difference in how you can just let go and relax and do a few shots if you want because the ride is all taken care of!
6. if you are feeling little adventurous you can have the limo driver take you down to downtown Royal Oak or some clubs in Detroit and you'll really get to experience some great Night life in Michigan as those are the two places with great venues. There is one other place if you really like EDM, that would be Elektricity in Pontiac which is close from Rochester Hills, only about 20 min drive.
So there you have it, a fantastic day for you for only $700 for two people.